Hi Brooklyn! I really enjoyed the perspective you provided in your blog post on digital identity. I appreciate that you highlighted that digital identity also includes online interactions, as I feel that a lot of the conversation surrounding digital identity only refers to profile curation. This made me think about the ways in which people comment on viral videos. I’ve noticed that people tend to comment harshly particularly on videos with thousands of views because they assume a form of anonymity. Obviously this is not the case and leads to the creation of a negative digital identity.

It’s true that posting violent or drug/alcohol related content has the potential to tarnish future employment opportunities. My dad is a landlord and has shared that his initial assessment of a potential tenant is a review of their FaceBook page. He’s stated that if the profile pictures include drug/alcohol related content, he no longer considers their application. Contrarily, this article provides interesting insight into the importance of avoiding other type of content, not necessarily just drinking. I don’t personally feel that this has to do too much with a person’s character, however it’s important to note that some people feel otherwise.